The desire to avoid tooth decay is one of the main reasons individuals visit their dentists
Today we are going to discuss 5 things you need to know about cavities.
1. Cavities are also called caries or tooth decay. When a tooth is permanently damaged on the hard surface, tiny openings ensue. These little holes are cavities.
2. Factors that contribute to decay are:
Consuming sugary beverages
Poor dental hygiene
3. Cavities may get so bad that you will see pits or holes in your teeth, but symptoms may be more subtle, such as sensitivity, pain when biting, or a toothache. If you see any of these symptoms, you should call your dentist today to book an appointment.
4. Cavities are more common among pre-teens, but that doesn’t mean adults don’t have to take precautions.
5. Avoiding cavities is straightforward. Be sure to brush twice a day with fluoride toothpaste, floss daily, eat right, avoid frequent snacking, and have regular visits with your dentist.
Contact The Lewisville Dentist:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):