1. Dentures are not the only replacement choice for missing teeth. Dental implants used alone or in combination with a partial denture is often a better option for patients. Whereas a removable appliance replaces only the visible parts of teeth, an implant replaces both the root and crown of a tooth. This has important implications. Dental implants can prohibit bone recession that ordinarily occurs following tooth extractions. Dental implants can provide patients the near-normal ability to chew and speak.
2. There are more than one variety of denture. Most men and women are familiar with the removable denture that replaces a complete upper or lower arch. There are also partial dentures that are used for patients who have some natural teeth. Partial dentures can be fixed in the mouth or detachable.
3. Even if you have worn dentures for a while, you may be a suitable candidate for implant-anchored dentures. The critical factor is whether or not you have enough bone to support an implant. Bone grafting can strengthen existing bone for some implant patients. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Jessfor Baugh to find out if you are a well-suited candidate.
4. Regardless of your tooth replacement configuration—full dentures, partial dentures, or tooth implants—you still need to practice appropriate oral hygiene. Removable appliances should be cleaned daily.
5. Even if you have no existing teeth left, it’s essential that you have biannual dental examination. Optimal oral health is a fundamental component of overall physical well-being. Dr. Baugh will examine your mouth for indications of diseases like cancer, heart disease, kidney disease, and diabetes. It is also a good idea for your dentist to examine the condition of your appliance at your visit.
Dr. Jessfor Baugh, one of the most experienced and skilled dental professionals in the Dallas area, has competence with many tooth restoration care. Call 469-708-4713 today to schedule an appointment.
Contact The Lewisville Dentist:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
297 E Round Grove Rd Suite 127