Meet Lewisville Dentist – Dr. Jessfor Baugh
With a passion for dental excellence and superior patient care, Dr. Jessfor Baugh is continually striving for the best for her patients. She holds advanced training certificates in Complex Cosmetic and Restorative Dentistry, Invisalign, Sedation Dentistry, Implant Dentistry, Laser Dentistry, Sleep Apnea, and Pain Management to mention just a few. She also completed an Advanced Education in General Dentistry Residency from New York University Langone Hospital in Cape Code, MA after receiving her Doctorate of Dental Medicine degree from the University of New England. Her commitment to patients is evidenced by her personable chairside manner, listening ear, and desire to help patients achieve their goals for their smile and their health.
Her caring nature extends to the community and at home where she nurtures her family and her beloved pets, Pepper – a black and white Havanese puppy, Huey – a charismatic Red Bellied Parrot, and Mochi – a highly energetic Nanday Conure (Parakeet). With years of valuable experience, she and the rest of The Lewisville Dentist team are proud to offer you professional, compassionate care.
Meet Dr. Julio Obando
Dr. Julio Obando was born and raised in San Jose, Costa Rica. He graduated from University of Costa Rica as a Doctor in Dental Surgery. During his time as a dental student, he performed duties as a Teacher Assistant in Head
and Neck Anatomy, served as a Student Assembly Representative and was President of the Association of Dental Students. He took studied Business Administration at the Hispanoamerican University of Costa Rica.
After working four years as a General Dentist gaining restorative knowledge and experience; he began his journey towards his real passion… research, surgery, periodontics, and implants.
He was accepted for a Post-doctoral Externship Program at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC). When concluded; he worked as a Research Scholar at UIC studying Genetic Basis of Gingival and Periodontal Pathologies. After culminated, he began his Periodontal Residency Program and his Master’s in Oral Sciences at UIC. Dr. Obando is a board-certified Diplomate in Periodontology and board-certified Diplomate in Dental Implant Surgery by the
American Academy of Periodontology. As well he is certified in IV sedation. Dr. Obando has published several papers and continue doing research in his private practice. He collaborated in writing the textbook of “Advances in Periodontal Surgery 2019”.
Dr Obando enjoys playing tennis, traveling to the beach, and spending time with his wife and family.
Certifications & Associations
Dr. Obando is an active member of:
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American Board of Periodontology
- Dallas County Dental Society
- Texas Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- Costa Rican National Dental Association
- Periodontal Residency (University of Illinois at Chicago)
- Master in Oral Sciences (University of Illinois at Chicago)
- Certificate in Moderate IV Sedation (University of Illinois at Chicago)
- Post-doctoral Fellow in Research of Genetics Basis in Gingival and Periodontal
Pathologies (University of Illinois at Chicago)
- Periodontal Post-doctor Externship Program (University of Illinois at Chicago)
- Licentiate in Dentistry (University of Costa Rica)
- Doctor in Dental Surgery (University of Costa Rica)
- Business Administration Studies (University of Costa Rica)
Dr. Obando’s Academic Achievements
- Thesis Master’s defense: Evaluation of the Clinical Utility and Validity of IL SNPs as Genetic markers for Periodontitis (University of Illinois at Chicago)
- 2nd Place for Poster presentation: Assessment of the Clinical Validity and Clinical Utility ofIL SNPs as Predictors for Periodontitis
- Head and Neck Anatomy Teacher Assistant for Post-Graduate Programs (University of Illinois at Chicago)
- Poster presentation: Systemic Sclerosis (scleroderma) and a periodontally involved patient: a case report (University of Illinois at Chicago)
- Poster presentation: Assessment of the Clinical Validity and Clinical Utility of IL SNPs as Predictors for Periodontitis (University of Illinois at Chicago)
- IADR 44th Annual Meeting,, Poster Presentation: Efficacy and Efficiency of SNPs as a Genetic Test for Periodontitis
- IADR 43th Annual Meeting,, Poster Presentation: IL-6 SNP rs1800795 Is A Poor Genetic Test For Periodontitis
- Poster presentation: Assessment of Damaging SNPs in Aggressive Periodontitis Associated Genes
- DDS thesis defense: Anterior-Posterior Dimensional (University of Costa Rica)
- President of Dental Student Association (University of Costa Rica)
- Academic Excellence Scholarship (University of Costa Rica)