There’s no reason to put up with gaps in your teeth or with teeth that are stained, discolored, badly shaped or chipped. Correcting a crooked smile is one of the things porcelain veneers do best. Today, a dental veneer placed on top of a tooth can correct nature’s mistake or the results of an injury and can help you replace a crooked smile with a beautiful one. Porcelain veneers are a highly popular solution because of their lifelike tooth appearance.
Porcelain veneers for teeth are thin, custom-made “shells” crafted of tooth-colored materials (such as porcelain) designed to cover the front and sometimes the edge of your teeth. They are size and color-matched to look natural in your smile.
The Dental Veneer Process to Correct a Crooked Smile
- Dr. Goodman will have an initial consultation appointment with you. During this time, she will discuss various options with you to correct a crooked smile or other issues you may have that keep you from having the smile of your dreams.
- If dental veneers is the procedure you decide on, the dentist then gives you an exam to get the information necessary for the dental veneer procedure.
- To prepare for porcelain veneers, your cosmetic dentist will create a unique model of your teeth. This model is sent to the dental technician to create your porcelain veneers.
- Before placing your new dental veneer, your dentist will remove a small amount of your tooth to make room for the veneer.
- If you suffer from any dental anxiety, we are happy to offer you several sedation dentistry options to help you feel relaxed during your dental veneer treatment.
The benefits of porcelain veneers for teeth are astounding:
- You can repair a gap between two teeth with a dental veneer.
- If you have chipped, cracked, misshapen, damaged teeth or teeth that are too small, porcelain veneers can correct this beautifully.
- If you have a crooked smile, one dental veneer or several can easily repair this.
When placed, you’ll be pleased to see your crooked smile replaced with an attractive smile that looks and feels like you have always wanted.
Contact us today for your consultation and to see what type of dental veneer will give you the look, feel, and function that you want.