Dental crowns are a restoration used to improve your tooth’s strength, function, shape, and appearance. Dental crowns are most often used for teeth that are broken, worn, or have portions destroyed by tooth decay.
Sculpting Crowns for Your Smile!
Porcelain crowns for teeth are “caps” cemented onto an existing tooth which fully cover the portion of your tooth above the gum line. In effect, the tooth crown becomes your tooth’s new outer surface. Dental crowns can be made of porcelain, metal, or both. Depending on the location of your tooth, we can recommend the best tooth crown options based on the goals you have for your dental health and appearance of your smile.
Your tooth crown is created in a lab from your unique tooth impression which allows a dental laboratory technician to examine all aspects of your bite and jaw movements. Your tooth crown is then sculpted just for you so that your bite and jaw movements function normally once the crown is placed.
Dental crowns are one of the most common cosmetic dental restorations and a tooth crown can improve the function and appearance of a tooth as well as prolong its useful life.
Advantages of Porcelain Crowns
- Porcelain crowns are color-matched to blend in with your natural teeth, so they look like they fit in your smile. So smile, have your photo taken, and laugh with confidence!
- Dental crowns will never get a cavity.
- Porcelain crowns can be used to repair many dental issues such as teeth that are chipped, cracked, broken, misshapen, too small, or have a lot of dental work.
- Porcelain crowns are used to restore dental implants.
- Dental crowns are used to secure dental bridges, permanent dentures, partial dentures and other dental devices.
Schedule a Dental Crown Appointment Near Coppell and Flower Mound, TX
Tooth crowns are an easy way to maximize your smile’s beauty. To schedule a porcelain dental crown appointment in Lewisville with our cosmetic dentist, Dr. Natalie Goodman, please text, call, or contact us using the form on this page.